ASHLEY FAMILY FOUNDATION
The values of the Foundation are inspired by how Bernard and Laura Ashley ran their business.
The trustees’ focus is on supporting five main themes:
- Wales – Half our funding goes to projects in Wales and we continue to maintain strong links with communities in mid Wales.
- Rural – We are especially interested in projects that open up opportunity in areas where it might not otherwise exist and that help alleviate the isolation and other hardships that can affect rural communities.
- Arts – We want to help bring art to those people that it can help, and help those who will go on to bring art to the people. As a result we support organisations that provide a wide range of educational and creative activities, including applied arts and crafts, music, drama, and textiles. We also fund arts education with a focus on helping promising young Welsh talent.
- Community – We are attracted to projects that bring people together, to help each other out and make their community a better, more joyful place. We support a range of community projects, including those focused on helping people who suffer from isolation and/or social disadvantage.
- Small Charities – The Foundation has an affinity with small charities, the ones set up by people who are driven by love and kindness to help better the lives of those around them.
The Foundation’s policy is to favour revenue proposals over capital requests. Funding is generally awarded to one off projects. We will however consider funding over a number of years (up to three) if the project requires it – subject to satisfactory monitoring and review.
Click here to find out more.